Castle Semple Country Park
- Mainly flat next to Castle Semple Loch with inclines up to the cycle network
- Tarmacked cycle routes
- 'Off-road' and tarmacked loch-side paths
- Visitor centre with cafe (not dog-friendly) and toilets
- Car park located next to Castle Semple Loch
Points of Interest
- The birds are a real draw but of course swans can be hostile to dogs
- The cycle paths can be hazardous with flighty dogs - the paths are also popular with runners
- Drive - There is a free car park at Castle Semple Visitor Centre
- Walk - You can access Castle Semple Park at St. Winnoc Road
- Rail -
Before travelling by train, it’d be worth having a quick read of National Rail’s policy on travelling with animals.
Please note that buses are not obliged to accept non-service dogs. For that reason we haven’t included bus routes.
Castle Semple Country Park is a large area of wetland based within Clydemuirshiel Regional Park. Castle Semple Country Park is good for long, flat dog walks and will appeal to anyone who likes soothing, loch-side rambles.