Chatelherault Country Park
- Large, open spaces
- Miles of riverside paths and forestry
- Cafe - not dog-friendly
- Large, free car park
Points of Interest
- The hunting lodge
- A children's playground
- Visitor centre with exhibition
- Steep drops by the riverside paths
- Some rubbish
- Drive – Parking is available in the free car park beside Chatelherault.
- Walk – Chatelherault Country Park can be accessed from Park Drive.
- Rail – Trains run frequently from Glasgow Central to Chatelherault. The entrance to Chatelherault Park is on Park Drive, which is opposite the railway station.
Before travelling by train, have a quick read of National Rail’s policy on travelling with animals.
Chatelherault is a huge, breathtaking country park that’s located in the village of Ferniegair, just outside Hamilton.
Chatelherault’s fabulous, diverse terrain makes it absolutely ideal for dog walking, come rain or shine. Chatelherault is one of those parks that seems like it was made for autumn, but looks magnificent in any season, whether blazing with colour in the spring and summer, or crisp and crunchy in the winter.