- Large lawns
- Hilly trail walks
- Riverside walks
- Flat paths
- A large pond
- Fields with donkeys and goats
Public toilets are located in the visitor centre
Points of Interest
- 2 children's playgrounds
- A large picnic area with proper picnic benches
- Dean Castle
- A visitor centre
- An urban farm
- Very popular with families, especially on sunny days
- Popular with runners
- Drive – There’s a free car park just next to the park, accessed from Dean Road
- Walk – The main entrance is on Dean Road
- Rail – Kilmarnock railway station is approximately 10 minutes from the park. Exit on John Finnie Street. At the junction head down Langlands Brae onto the A735 which becomes Wellington Street and then Dean Street.
Take a right onto Dean Road and the park is on your left.
Before travelling by train, it’s worth having a quick read of National Rail’s policy on travelling with animals.
Please note that buses are not obliged to accept non-service dogs. For that reason we haven’t included bus routes.
Located in Kilmarnock, Dean Castle Country Park is a large, beautiful country park that impresses from the outset.
Dean Castle Park is Ayrshire’s answer to Pollok Park and is ideal for every kind of dog walk, whether gentle strolls with the kids or energetic trail runs.