Hogganfield Park and Loch
- Flat paths
- In the park - Woodlands, marsh and grassland
- Sandy beaches round the loch
Free parking is available next to Hogganfield Loch
Points of Interest
- A children's play park is situated by the side of Hogganfield Loch
- There are a few picnic tables round the loch
Because the paths around Hogganfield Loch are so flat, you will meet the odd runner and cyclist
- Drive – A free car park is available adjacent to Hogganfield Loch. It’s easily accessed from the A80, Cumbernauld Road.
- Walk – Hogganfield Loch is easiest to access from Cumbernauld Road.
- Rail – The nearest railway station is at Stepps, which is 2 miles from Hogganfield Loch. For this reason we wouldn’t recommend travelling by train.
Hogganfield Park and Loch is located in East Glasgow and is both surprisingly beautiful and well-maintained.
Like Strathclyde Park, Hogganfield Park and Loch has some lovely sandy beaches that come as a breath of fresh air if you’re used to trampling across muddy fields. This is one of the many reasons why it’s a great place to walk your dog.