- Mainly open spaces, with a walk along the burn
- Undulating throughout
Points of Interest
- Glen nature walk by Tollcross Burn - access from Tollcross or Wellshot Road
- Children’s farm - accessed from Wellshot Road
- Rose Garden
- Tollcross Leisure Centre – the site of swimming events for the commonwealth games - accessed from Wellshot Road
- 5k Park Run at 09.30-10.00 on Saturday mornings
Park Run on a Saturday morning could cause you some problems if your dog likes to chase runners.
- Drive – You can park on the streets bordering Tollcross Park, but it’s safest to park at the leisure centre on Wellshot Road.
- Walk – Access Tollcross Park from Tollcross Road, Anstruther Street, St. Mark Street or Wellshot Road.
- Rail – a regular rail service is available from the Glasgow Central to Carntyne Railway Station. Take a right as you exit the station onto Carntynehall Road and continue down this road until it becomes Fernan Street. At the junction turn right onto Shettleston Road and then left onto Dalveen Street. Follow the road round and take a right onto Anstruther Street. Tollcross Park can be accessed here.
Before travelling by train, it’d be worth having a quick read of National Rail’s policy on travelling with animals.
Please note that buses are not obliged to accept non-service dogs. For that reason we haven’t included bus routes.
Tollcross Park is one of the loveliest parks in Glasgow and trumps many other city parks when it comes to dog walking.
Tollcross Park is a reasonable size (37 hectares) with beautiful flowerbeds and well-maintained paths. And while the terrain isn’t as diverse as say Linn or Pollok Park, the luscious, undulating spaces give it a great deal of character.